All Ireland Smiles Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter of GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Ireland) Limited, their family, agents or anyone professionally connected to the Promotion.
2. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary
3. The Promotion will run from 30th September 2017 at 00.01 to 31st October 2017 at 23.59 inclusive . Competition entries received outside of this period will not qualify for participation in the Promotion.
4. To enter the Promotion entrants must:
a. Upload a “selfie” photo to their personal Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account
b. Include the hashtag “#AllIrelandSmiles” in the selfie description
c. Write about why the county they live in, in the Republic of Ireland makes them smile. This description will be considered the “tie-breaker” and must be included within the same upload post as the “selfie” and hashtag.
d. Entry example: “Photo, #AllIrelandSmiles, watching The Dubs play in Croke Park on a sunny day”
5. For the purposes of the competition entry, a “selfie” is a photo the entrant has taken of themselves. Entrants should avoid wearing heavily branded clothing in their selfies.
6. Entrants must include a “tie-breaker” with their “selfie” and #AllIrelandSmiles. The tie-breaker is a description of why the entrant’s own county, in the Republic of Ireland, makes them smile.
7. Upload of a photo with the #AllIrelandSmiles hashtag and specified tie-breaker description gains one entry into the competition.
8. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted.
9. Any entry judged, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, to be inappropriate, offensive, sexualized, indecent or improper, or which contain any messages advocating violence, indecent or anti-social behaviour, or which contain profane content, will not be accepted. Any entry judged to be illegal, false, digitally enhanced, edited, fraudulent or artificial in any way will not be accepted
10. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Promoter reasonably suspects that an entrant is not eligible to participate in this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to terminate or suspend their further entry.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries or entry errors as a result of any network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
12. All photos uploaded must be of the entrant and must not include a third party . Any entrant who uploads a photo of any third party will be disqualified from the promotion and will further indemnify the Promoter for all loss or damage arising out of any use of that photo by the Promoter.
13. Where any entrant provides the Promoter with text, captions, images or any other media content (“Content”) as part of their entry, the participant: (i) confirms the grant by the entrant to the Promoter of a worldwide, perpetual, royalty free licence in the Intellectual Property Rights in the participant’s Content, (ii) waives any moral rights and like rights the entrant has or may have in relation to the Content so that the Promoter shall be entitled to use the Content in any and all media at no cost to the Promoter and (iii) warrants to the Promoter that the Content is owned and controlled by the entrant and that the entrant has the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out in these terms and has obtained all the necessary approvals, consents and licences to grant rights pursuant to these terms and conditions; (iv) warrants that the Content will not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights, privacy or any other rights of any third party; will not contain anything which is untrue, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening; (v) warrants that the Content does not violate any applicable law or regulation (including any laws regarding anti-discrimination or false advertising); and (vi) warrant that the Content is not obscene or pornographic.
14. Participants may be required to participate in publicity associated with this promotion without payment, and by entering this promotion agree to participate in this publicity. The publicity may include any of the following; sharing the participants’ entry including any Content on social media or associated web pages and sharing the participants’ name, age and location on social media or associated web pages. If the entrant no longer wishes to participate in the Promotion, they must contact [Geometry at 6 Ely Placce, Dublin 2 before 30.11.17.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to share the prize winner’s details with any third party agency supporting the Promoter in relation to this Promotion. The third party agency may contact the prize winners on the Promoter’s behalf. By entering the Promotion, entrants consent to their information being shared in this way.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
18. Entrants agree to be contacted by GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Ireland) Limited and associated agents, for the purposes of this promotion and for any other purpose to which the entrant has consented.
19. All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges. The winner of the competition will be the entrant who has submitted the selfie and completed the tie breaker in the most apt, original and engaging way as determined by a panel of judges.
20. The panel of judges will be comprised of representatives of GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Ireland) Limited, their agents and an independent adjudicator (four representatives in total).
21. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The winner will be contacted by agents of the promoter privately through social media within 30 days of the competition closing. In the event that the winner does not claim their prize within 72 hours of receiving a private message, the prize will be awarded to another winner selected in accordance with the rules of this promotion.
23. The winner may be required to participate in publicity arising from this Promotion. The winner will not be compensated or paid for participation in any such publicity. The winner agrees to their names and photos been used in social media. By participating in the competition, the winner explicitly agrees to publication of their name and photo if so required.
24. The prize to be won is €5,000 (five thousand euro). The prize will be paid to the winner by bank transfer within 30 days of the Promoter confirming to the winner in writing that they have won the prize and providing that the winner has (i) accepted the prize in writing within the allotted time period (72 hours) (ii) complied with all aspects of these terms and conditions, and (iii) provided their bank details in writing to the Promoter or the Promoter’s nominated agents.
25. The winner must provide their Irish (Euro) bank account details to GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Ireland) Limited or GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Ireland) Limited’s nominated agent in order for the prize monies to be paid. The winner’s bank details must include the winners full name and the winner must be able to prove that they bank account provided belongs to them.
26. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
27. The winner’s details (name and county) will be made available on request to those enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope addressed to the Promoter at the Promoter’s registered office within ten weeks after the closing date of the Promotion.
28. By entering the Promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purpose of the administration of this Promotion and any other purpose to which the entrant has consented.
29. The entry and prize is personal and non-transferable unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter. No prize alternatives are available except that in the event of unforeseen circumstances out of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of greater or equal value.
30. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Entrants will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions upon entering the Competition.
31. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish Law and the Courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter and Data Controller; GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Ireland) Limited, 12 Riverwalk, Citywest, Dublin 24
Prize provided by: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Ireland) Limited, 12 Riverwalk, Citywest, Dublin 24
Date of Preparation: September 2017 CHGBI/CHGOC/0020/17