Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship
Making sure our products, processes and equipment are fit for purpose is an essential role in our business.
This apprenticeship provides technical capabilities in validation, an important step in the supply chain demonstrating that we are actively improving the quality of our customers’ lives by consistently delivering products of the highest possible quality.
What does a Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship involve?
The three year Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship will provide you with the opportunity to gain knowledge about Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing in the Pharmaceutical industry. Through a series of on-site job rotations you will:
- gain an understanding of a broad range of pharmaceutical equipment and processes as well as an understanding of their potential impact on product, quality and patient safety
- gain an understanding of how to validate the processes and equipment to ensure they are fit for purpose
- develop an understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and their application within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
You can expect to work both individually (when appropriately trained) and as part of a team - taking responsibility for the quality, safety and accuracy of the work you undertake.
You will be aligned to one of our manufacturing sites, combining on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role might involve:
- being part of a team validating new equipment or processes
- writing validation protocols for new equipment or processes
- running project meetings
- finding the root cause of problems
- identifying areas for improvement
- ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
What does this apprenticeship offer me?
Our Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship programme offers you the chance to study towards a foundation while gaining valuable, paid work experience.
You will obtain a Foundation degree in Applied Chemical Science Technology from Kent University, UK. Academic study will be through a combination of distance learning and college attendance.
And if you show the qualities we are looking for, you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for a full degree or Masters!
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship programme, you will need the following:
- Must have or be predicted to have passes in five Higher level subjects (must include Chemistry) plus a minimum of Ordinary level English grade C and Ordinary level maths grade C at Leaving
Where would I be based?
We are offering our Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeships in Dungarvan and Sligo
What our apprentices say about the Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship
“Since I started as a Pharma Tech apprentice I have enjoyed looking into all of the different roles that GSK offer to people, and gaining a greater understanding of how the site runs on a day-to-day basis.”
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our Apprenticeships start in September 2017.
How can I apply?
We are now open for of applications! You can apply online today
The deadline for applications is the 20th March, however, we may close earlier if we fill our positions before this point, so please apply as early as possible.