Business and Supply Chain apprenticeship
Our business and supply chain apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to play a key role in helping the company source raw materials, manufacture our products and deliver the finished products all over the world.
Ensuring that our products are delivered to our patients and customers when they need them is vital. As a business and supply chain apprentice, you will gain a strong understanding of the steps involved in an end-to-end supply chain and play a key role in ensuring that GSK makes the right products and delivers them to the right place at the right time.
What does a Business and Supply Chain apprenticeship involve?
During the apprenticeship you will gain insight into how products and goods are made and shipped including warehouse operations. You’ll also learn how to use and interpret supply chain data to organise our raw materials and help plan and organise our manufacturing and product delivery schedules.
This apprenticeship combines on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role might include:
- Assisting the planning department in their role through inputting data to measure KPIs, attending daily and weekly performance meetings and running reports. As you progress in the role you will have more responsibility, potentially picking up your own portfolio of products to manage.
- Helping team members with data collection, and trending to measure KPIs. You will also be in charge of putting together metrics for performance meetings.
- Working alongside colleagues on key projects liaising with external contractors, and as your experience grows you may have the opportunity to manage your own
What does this apprenticeship offer me?
The supply chain apprenticeship is a three-year programme. You will study towards a Foundation Degree in International Trade and Export and a Level 5 diploma in Supply Chain Operations at the University of East Anglia which will require periodic travel to the UK.
Do I have the skills?
To be eligible for our Business and Supply Chain apprenticeship programme, you will need::
- To have or be predicted to achieve at least 6 Leaving Certificate subjects at either Ordinary or Higher Level. This must include at least 2 Leaving Certificate subjects at Higher Level at grade C or above.
- This must also include Maths and English at Ordinary or Higher level at grade D or above.
Where will I be based?
This apprenticeship runs for three years and we have opportunities at the following sites:
What our apprentices say about the Business and Supply Chain apprenticeship...
“Business and supply chain is a great area to work in as you are exposed to many different business functions which allows you to work with people from all over the organisation."
“Being able to play a key part in ensuring patients receive the medicine they require when they need it is a fantastic feeling and is one of the reasons I am inspired to work for GSK.”
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September 2017.
How can I apply?
We are now open for applications, you can apply online today. The deadline for applications is the 20th March, however, we may close earlier if we fill our positions before this point, so please apply as early as possible.
GSK is focused on creating an inclusive organisation where all employees feel engaged and know their work makes an important contribution. We aim to attract and retain the most talented people from all backgrounds and cultures regardless of actual or perceived race, colour, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, gender identity and/or expression, religion or belief, physical ability/ disability.